Thursday, January 19, 2017

Tired Feet

The Mineral Scrub Challenge

Tired achy feet are common among chefs, law enforcement professionals and many others whom work on their feet for large amounts of time. One of my favorite ways to unwind after a long day is to soak my feet in warm mineral bath for 15 minutes twice a week. 

This past August I was challenged to go 21 days with out a soak. I took on the challenge and bad things happened to my skin. The lack of pampering began to show. In addition to not soaking I also ran around the house without shows and ran outside with no socks and whatever shoe. As the 21 days concluded I lost my good habit... an additional 90 days went by.


The moment I paused to look at the effects of my lack of care, it was evident this could not continue.

The new challenge became treating my own feet to bring out smooth skin -without harsh cutters- using minerals, care and a little elbow grease. After making sure my children were not around to put their toys or hands and little feet in my foot soak, here's what I did:

First I gathered my aresenal: a clean soft towel, my trusty foot spa, a clean pumace stone, Beltré Products Mineral Scrub, Beltré Products Footbath, Beltré Products Honey Body Butter and a clean set of white cotton socks.

Second I soaked my feet for 20 minutes in about 1.5 gallons of very soothing warm water with 2 tablespoons of Beltré Products Footbath .

Third, I removed my feet from the water and scrubbed with the pomace stone using a firm but gentle circular motion.

Next, I wet my feet again and put a fair amount of Beltré Products Mineral Scrub on them. This scrub was left on for 5 minutes and then rubbed on and rinsed off.

After rinsing and drying my feet I put on a half dollar size drop of Beltré Products Honey Body Butter on each foot. Before going on about my evening I put on very comfortable cotton sock and took another 15 minutes to simply relax.





The image shown here is the result of pampering my feet twice in 1 week. 







This is my foot after a few evenings of Beltré Product care.




I am happy with my results and have returned to my relaxing habit of caring for my feet. My skin not only feels better but my feet feel less achy and taking the time to pamper myself is priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment